Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Senior Clover Engineer

As an owner of a Pavoni (I got it years ago when coffee machines were still affordable) coffee has always been at the center of my interest. Though I prefer cappuccino and espresso over more normal blends I appreciate a good French pressed kind.

However making the perfect cup with a French press quick becomes cumbersome, so some Stanford engineers invented and hand build a new kind of coffee maker - the Clover (see video here). Essentially you can control the temperature and some other brewing cycle parameters and given it's price tag it makes only sense to use it with high quality beans.

From the video I learned that you turn yourself into a Senior Clover Engineer and brew the coffee at your liking. I think you need to be senior because at $8 a cup you better know what you are doing...

No comments: